3.21.2014

Wire Easter egg

  There is an ancient tradition - to paint Easter eggs in Ukraine. As a child, I often did it with my mother and sister. We did "pysanka" - painted patterns molten wax, then dipped in egg onion peel.  Obtained orange egg with white pattern.
  It was a very enjoyable craft - we sat by candlelight family, were calm and unhurried conversations became closer to each other.  I love spring holiday of Easter. I myself bake festive bread for this day and decorate the eggs with his little daughter.
  But today I'll show you an egg that I made from a copper wire. I used Swarovski beads of sky-blue and ivory color. This colors very well with copper and symbolize spring sky. This egg is the size of typical chicken eggs, but I want to try to do even bigger.






2 comments: